Friday, July 27, 2007

Tardiness

Considering how late I was finishing today's strip I think I feel obligated to apologize for the lateness of this strip and the occasional tardiness of others in the past. Part of me wants to say "well this is just a glorified hobby why should you care? Here's how it goes personal pride aside I feel that REAL deadlines are what keeps me going. I I sometimes imagine my muse as an irritable riotgrrl with a stopwatch and a lead pipe standing behind me. Knowing that I have to finish a comic strip before 12:00 whether I like it or not I believe guarantees it. Writers Block ceases to be an excuse and if the joke turns out to be mediocre because of it well that is my punishment. But every once in a I have a where I have been completely useless and uncreative and I finally have to ask myself do I want to post a piece of sloppy and unfunny gibberish created by a sleep deprived mind or do I want to get a good nights sleep and do presentable albeit late strip the next day. It's not something I like to do for one thing its a matter of pride and the other thing there my punishment of having to do TWO strips that day but there you are and I'll try to keep it down to an absolute minimum.

No comments: