Monday, May 18, 2009

Extreme Sketching in the U-District




This weekend was the first of the Seattle street fairs. It was pretty good summer weather so it consisted as the first salvo in my on going seasonal battle with sun burn. Anyway one thing I like to do during these public events is something I like to call "Extreme Sketching" that is to say drawing moving targets. The trick here is to get the basic pose down as quickly as possible, work in the details as you go along, and pray that your memory fills in the gaps. These are hardly ever any good for obvious reasons. But it's a very good exercise (kind of like running with weights on) and often yields material for much better drawings. ANyway, I didn't get as many done as I would have liked, these events are getting much too crowded. But I think these three came out quite well. Unfortunately the only ones I got the info for this time was a duo called Raw Corn who I enjoyed very much (You've got to respect anyone who plays John Wayne and Pink Floyd back to back.)

No comments: